ATVBC and its members advocate for the development and maintenance of mixed-use publicly accessible trails, safe and responsible ATV and SxS use and environmentally sustainable motorized (ORV) recreation.
To support this mandate, ATVBC is re-establishing its Trail Ambassador program. The ATVBC Trail Ambassador program will provide training and resources to volunteers interested in educating the public about safe, responsible and environmentally sustainable ORV riding in British Columbia
ATVBC Trail Ambassadors will have no law enforcement authority or role, rather they will use their experience, training and influence to demonstrate on-the-trail leadership and to distribute information about trail etiquette, ORV regulations, rider safety, and trail information while promoting the benefits of club membership.
Are you or your club interested in:
- promoting ORV riding as a positive recreational activity and building a positive image of ORV riders?
- demonstrating that ORV recreation can be enjoyed while protecting environmentally sensitive habitats?
- sharing your knowledge with others to increase ORV rider safety? educating ORV riders about existing programs, “Pack it in, pack it out”, Stay on the Trial”, “Respect Private Land”, and others?
- raising awareness of the impacts of irresponsible ORV recreation?
ATVBC will provide the training and materials, you provide the volunteers!
If you are interested in learning more and have time to take part in a short, online training program please let us know!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Name, phone number, email address
- Riding area(s) and frequency of riding (# of times per month)
- Club name
- Information about relevant training you already have